Festival Players invites Directors and MDs to work with us!
Directors and/or MDs – do you have a musical you’d love to do? Large or small, new or traditional? Let us know.
Historically Festival Players has been a committee-led society. Meaning that, although we took suggestions for shows from our members, the committee chose the show each year and then sought a Director and MD to work on the production. However, times are changing and we’d like to open things up and invite Directors and MDs – together or separately, new or known to us – to bring their pet projects to us to consider for inclusion in our future programme.
Festival Players’ ethos is to produce challenging and exciting musicals. Our programme usually includes a large scale musical each summer (May/June) and either a small scale musical or compilation (touring) show each winter. However, even if you have an idea that wouldn’t naturally fit into one of those time slots, if you feel it would fit our ethos we’d still love to hear from you.
Our current programme is as follows:-
- Winter 21/22 – ‘Kipps’ the new Half a Sixpence Musical
- Summer 2022 – Kinky Boots
- Winter 22/23 – A ‘smaller scale’ musical (cast of less than around 15) – we’d love to hear your ideas!
- Summer 2023 – A full scale musical (cast of more than around 23) – ideas welcome!
- Autumn/Winter 2023 – The Touring Show returns – format and content created/curated by the Production Team.
As you see, there are many slots to fill so please contact us if you have a passion project in mind.